Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
The aim of the development is to improve the braking behaviour compared to the original brake disc. EBC uses HPSR steel with a low carbon content, which has an 18% higher friction coefficient. This steel is much more resistant to rust than cast steel. In addition, the entire surface is protected by a 3 micron thick zinc layer, which grinds away during braking in the area of the brake pad contact zone. It is only in this area that rust can form during long periods of use.
The brake discs are drilled in a bird's-eye design in order to get by with as few drillings as possible while at the same time optimising cleaning of the brake disc from rainwater and brake dust. The fewer holes are drilled, the better the wet braking performance and the lower the wear.
- Brake ring milled from forged HPSR steel with low carbon content.
- Therefore no distortion of the brake disc even under maximum load.
- No vitrification of the brake surface, so the coefficient of friction remains constant.
- Brake surface drilled with optimized hole pattern.
- Galvanized to protect against corrosion.
- Lowest manufacturing tolerances.
- Independent design.